<VV> Oil pump gasket thickness?

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 07:01:42 EDT 2019

 You can use Plastigauge. You want around .002" clearance. Clarks provides it in there kit. I've found it's not critical as you'd think. The stock pump works very well as long as the housing and gears are in good shape. In fact they work so well that it will blow out oil filter gaskets easy if the regulator sticks open. I've seen more than 120psi even with a remote oil cooler with the stock pump.