<VV> Removing the back glass... EASILY

Michael Weary michael_j_weary at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:34:22 EDT 2019

... well, easier that the piano wire and ATF method.

I just did this on a 1989 Dodge Daytona (rear glass) that has a cord (gummy/tar like sealant), but the Corvair rear glass may be different... been many years since I’ve done this, and I used the old wire/ATF process, if anyone out there has taken out a rear glass recently lemme know if this idea with the multi-tool will work.

1. Remove all trim inside and outside. 2. Purchase one of those multi-purpose vibrating tools, and offset teethed cutter attachment from Harbor Freight (if you don’t already have one) 3. Glue/tape a piece of cardboard to the offset blade, where that blade would touch the glass. 4. From the inside of vehicle use the tool/blade and make several (like 10) passes around the window until you can hear/feel the teeth hit the metal of the car body 5. You may have to go high or low, or both (on the glass or on the metal) to cut away/separate that cord from window/body... BUT THAT TOOL IS THE TRICK (if it’ll work on the Corvair body/window gasket channel) ! Don’t push it, let the tool and the blade do the work. Take frequent breaks to let the tool, glass, metal, and cord cool down. Clean the tool at that time as well.

If you want some more fun... once it’s out get some copper tape and add a defroster to it !

If you have questions email me directly.

Michael Weary

Sent from my iPhone... this thing is awesome !