<VV> Turbo Carb Setup

Jim Simpson simpson661 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:47:58 EDT 2019

Regarding the length of that link -- it's about 2 1/4" center-to-center of
the pivots.  But the real measurement you want is the angle that the link
makes with the tab on the tab on throttle cross rod in the throttle closed
position.  It's 125 degrees!  (That's from the '66 Corvair factory assembly
manual, page 1966-241 in Clark's reproduction, or UPC L87 sheet A12.)  I
just cut out a piece of cardboard to give me a "gauge".  You measure along
the length of the adjustable linkage and the top of the tab coming from the
throttle cross rod.

For some reason, it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the shop manuals.

Trust me that this angle is important.  If you have it too far off, you
will get really weird throttle response.  Too straight and the carb won't
return to idle, too much of an angle and it won't open all the way.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair
'66 Corsa turbo