<VV> What would you do?

Randy (Cap'n) Hook judynrandy at comcast.net
Mon Jun 3 12:21:12 EDT 2019

Hey Joe,

Whenever anyone asks me to help them with their corvair, I always ask them TWO questions: #1. What do you want? and #2. Why do you want it?  When the questions are answered, we then know which rabbit trail to head down.  My 2 cents worth is this:  Think simplicity.  I'd stay away from funky title stuff.  I'd pick the best body of the lot and install the "simplist" drive train.  I personally love the PG's, as I've had nothing but success with them in over 38 years of driving them.  This way you'll not have to worry about a clutch and all it's fun.  What I do is get the torque converter cleaned and flushed,  clean the pick-up screen, and install a new pan gasket.  I then use Amsoil's "Universal ATF" in it.  In 38 years, I can truthfully say ....No runs, a few drips, AND NO ERRORS!!!!  I  drive my cars year 'round, so I want them to work flawlessly.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me off line and i'll help you as much as I can.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook