<VV> Corvair Car Corral at Mid-Ohio Racetrack Sat and Sun June 22-23, 2019

Charles Sadek Chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Jun 3 15:43:44 EDT 2019

We are having a Corvair Car Corral at the Mid-Ohio Racetrack at the SVRA
(Sportscar Vintage Racing Association) vintage racing event 21-23 June 2019.
The Corvair racers group will have between 16-20 race cars racing in this
event.  We are the featured marquee which means in addition to our cars
competing with other racers in their respective groups, we will have our own
race on Sunday, tentatively at 1:05 pm.

The track will mark an portion  of the spectator parking  area with the sign
"Corvair". We invite all Corvair owners to come and bring their car or FC's
if they can and join us, parking together in that area..  All of us must pay
the spectator admission fees to get into the track area to watch the race.
Clark's Corvair Parts has generously donated door prizes of things like
filter, fan belts  and catalogs.  It is not clear if we can have parade laps
but we are trying to ensure we do.

Vintage race paddocks are open to all spectators. Therefore, park in the
corral, watch some racing, bring your picnic lunch or purchase at the track.
Come down to the paddock where our trailers and cars are located and hang
out with us. Volunteer to help. We can always use a hand to torque wheels,
air tires, help with repairs or just sit and keep us company.

We will have food and water..no buffet, but if you time it right, there will
be beef brisket from Texas. you never had it as good! Chris Langley will
barbeque it on the grill right there!

The Car Corral is low key. Love to have you bring your chairs and easy up
awnings and regale spectators and browsers with your tall tales how you just
could not make your Corvair flip over . we do really only have six cylinder
cars, not four cylinders. and yes, Ralph did attend a Corsa National
Convention (Washington DC).. etc.

So come out and join us. Hopefully, the Ohio skies will have run out of rain
by then.

Chuck Sadek

Corsa member since '70s

YS 73 D Production racer