<VV> 64 Spyder spark problem

SGLowell sglowell10 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 9 12:56:05 EDT 2019

All,

Starter and lights work but I continue to get no spark (Pulled coil wire out
enough to see a spark arc.) on my son's 64 Spyder.

So far we've:

-          Replaced the Pertronix Igniter unit with old fashion points &
condenser. No Spark.

-          Replaced the coil with a spare. No Spark

-          Checked wire continuity of wire from Positive Coil Terminal to
2-shared connector at firewall. OK

-          Checked continuity of resistor wire from 2-shared connector
(Shared with Positive Coil Terminal) from firewall to 10-terminal connector
at Firewall. OK

Our next check is the wires from the 2-shared connector to the starter. We
didn't disturb these wires so I have my doubts.

Any suggestion on what we might do/check next would be greatly appreciated.
After the next check outlined above, I'm out of things I can think of to
check or try.

Thanks.

Gary Lowell