<VV> Changing the oil pressure switch on a turbo engine

Jim Simpson simpson661 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:56:56 EDT 2019

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to change the oil pressure
switch on a turbo engine?  I have a socket that is intended for the oil
pressure switch, but the oil feed  line to the turbo bearing comes up right
beside the oil pressure switch and there simply isn't enough room for it to
get in there.  That special socket is rather bulky -- thick walls and
pretty tall to clear the electrical connection on top.  Quick searches
on-line haven't shown any that seem significantly smaller.

I could detach the oil feed line, but getting to it with the pressure
switch is a pain -- it looks as if I'd have to pull the alternator to get
to it from the side.

I know it's possible -- I built this engine 20+ years ago and did install
both the oil line and pressure switch, but I don't remember just how I did
it.  (Most likely I used channel lock pliers on the oil pressure switch --
I don't think I had the socket at the time.  I was lucky in that I didn't
damage the pressure switch.)

Any suggestions?

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair