<VV> Basic Tire Question

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Sun May 26 12:46:55 EDT 2019

Yes Matt, unless you are carrying a load in which case, you need more pressure in back.  That depends on where the load is positioned in the bed.  The dip in the bed tends to center the load and it still isn't a big concern.  Of course, most of us no longer use our FCs as work horses.  I don't recall, but I believe the factory recommendations were for more pressure in the rear tires like the cars.
You should inflate the tires according to your use.
Great suggestion on the talcum powder.  I suppose you could do it with water if no powder was available.  Keep in mind that you can still underinflate the tires without the tread patch showing as a problem.  I would say that full tread contact with the road without a visible sidewall bulge is what to look for.