<VV> Bizzare piston slap memories

N2VZD TIM n2vzd at aol.com
Fri Nov 1 20:17:52 EDT 2019

I had a crazy issue a few years ago with brand new pistons . They were supposed to be .060 (factory marked !) but were actually .030 measured . This was after going nuts with the sounds. The compression was "OK" but the noise was almost like lifter noise or oil pressure problem , but gauge showed good pressure. I will never buy parts like that from anywhere but my trusted source. These were new parts in the boxes from a private vendor at the Sturbridge .He probably had no idea , because they were NOS not  properly marked in correct boxes  (they said .060 on top but measured .030 at the shop.   Very strange noise!  I never had to check measurements before !Regards, Tim Colson