<VV> Bizzare piston slap memories

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 21:06:30 EDT 2019

Never take anything for granted! I once assembled a Bristol 2 litre
six cylinder engine. After I fitted the pistons, I had a piston pin
circlip (snap ring) left over. I was certain I couldn't have forgotten
to put one in somewhere, but of course I had to take the whole damn lot
out to verify. Since then, I always COUNT the snap rings before
assembly!