<VV> Bizzare piston slap memories

Michael mmccrae6 at cox.net
Fri Nov 1 21:39:23 EDT 2019

I bought several sets of "forged" pistons from a vendor several years
ago....since I always had the cylinders bored to the piston, the machine
shop
caught the fact that they were marked .040 but were really .030....
Never, ever buy pistons separately from the cylinders and expect them to
work.
Always hand the cylinders to the machinist and have them bored to the
cylinders that he can measure in shop.

Mike McCrae