<VV> FC van choke and Greenbrier weatherstrips.

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 11:08:01 EST 2019

Ok, I tried it upside down and sideways ;) But mine has the word CHOKE
engraved at the TOP of the instrument panel, but no hole underneath it.
It does have a small seperate panel underneath the (Spyder) dash,
containing the wiper switch and a push button that I assume is the
washer switch. Which is odd because it has no washers!
I will wager a large amount of money that nobody has gone to the
trouble of hiding any holes that might have been on the front wall of
the engine bay - I am confident they were never there in the first
place.
So, assuming the 'spare' dash I have is the one that went with the van,
it has never had a choke cable or any of the associated linkage. And it
is a 1961. But I have four carbs with manual chokes!
Clearly it is going to be a lot more trouble to rig up a choke linkage
than it is to fit carbs with automatic chokes, but I am intrigued to
know how this state of affairs has arisen in the first place?