<VV> 1964 Monza - Saddle interior colors

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 23:22:01 EST 2019

Looking for help from anyone who thinks they have original interior paint on parts of their 1964 Monza with Saddle color interiors. On the body plate, Saddle is trim code 705 and the interior paint code (single letter at the end of the Paint code) is C. The paint on various interior parts should be Medium Saddle and Dark Saddle.
Based on published information I have read so far, I believe the Dark Saddle should be on the Instrument Panel (eyebrows and top of painted dash), windshield Lower Garnish Molding and Radio Speaker Grill. The lighter Medium Saddle should be on all the other painted metal, including the door panels and all other windshield, backlite, and side window moldings and pillars.
. I am particularly interested in getting as much information as possible to answer these questions:

1) Is the steering wheel rim all one color, or is it a 2-tone with darker color on the sides and lighter color on the top and bottom?
2) Is there any evidence to contradict the existing published info on which parts are painted dark or light?
If possible, please send photos of your interior showing the doors, steering wheel, hub and column, and dash metal parts. Also a photo of the body plate would be helpful to confirm the trim codes and help sort out any possible differences due to assembly plant.
Also, if your headliner is original, please send me a photo of that also.
If I get enough responses I will compile the information and add it to the Stock Corvair Group documentation to help fellow Corvair folks interested in how our cars left the factory.
Thank you!
-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on