<VV> Stock?

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 05:58:14 EST 2019

One of these days I should do an English-American dictionary! The tie
rods in England are track rods; Pitman arm is a drop arm; hood is the
bonnet; trunk is the boot; fenders are wings; drive shaft is propshaft;
lug nuts are wheel nuts. Etc etc.
I just bought an 8 door van with a non-working fuel pump. Rather than
mess about with it (I hate mechanical fuel pumps anyway) I fitted an
S.U. fuel pump at the back. That is an ancient British device which has
a diaphragm operated by a solenoid, with a set of points at one end.
That will draw fuel up from the tank, and if a vehicle has been
standing, they just tick away softly to themselves till they have filled
the carburettors. Then they tick once every few seconds to keep them
topped up. I much prefer these to the Chinese ones that run all the
time. All the best British cars used to use SU fuel pumps. I bet mine is
the only Corvair with one though!.