<VV> Belt replacement

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 00:06:03 EST 2019

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:05:17 -0600
From: "K.F.K." <Kwarta at Charter.net>
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Belt Replacement

Just rebuilt my motor on a 63 with the crank pulley instead of a
balancer and installed it, now i am having a very hard time getting the
belt to fit between the motor mount bracket and the pulley, i made sure
the pulley nut is torqued , and have Gates belt called for, any ideas or
has anyone else had this issue.

--
Isn?t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?
C.S. Lewis

You have a harmonic balancer on your 63, and because it is thicker, the belt wont fit now. I had the same problem when I went to that pulley on my short stroke engine. I did it because the extra pulley thickness makes it easy to add magnets for a crank sensor for distributorless ignition. Anyways, to make room for the belt, you must also use a 1964 rear engine mount.
Kevin Nash
1963 EFI Turbo daily driver
equipped with the most AWESOME cooling fan on the planet!!