<VV> Belt replacement

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Nov 23 08:56:51 EST 2019

OK, once I took off a pulley on a 145, so NOT a harmonic balancer, while
it was sitting on the ground,tightened the bolt back down. Reinstalled
into van. One day while driving the vehicle, it backfired and stopped on
the interstate. Towed home. Later found the distributor was way out of
time, but had not moved relative to rear housing, bolt tight. Hmmm. Took
out distributor, looked in hole, hey, why is the drive gear way to the
rear in the hole? Let me tighten the pulley bolt...... moved the pulley
in a bit, and now the belt fit through the gap better.

Somehow the pulley got cocked and let me tighten the bolt to proper
torque without being up against the oil slinger / distributor gear parts.

Frank DuVal