<VV> Speaking of sway bars.......

edward szuch egszuch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 11:18:33 EST 2019

As you know, there are three points that support the sway bar on each
side.  I think you may have to bite the bullet and take the bar down to
lube the two points on each side that actually support the bar in rubber.
I have used silicone grease with good success and grease the bar and rubber
with a light coating before reassembly.  I'm not familiar the Black Magic
but it may do the same thing.  You have to get the grease in the joint as
the bar rotates slightly during driving in these clamped joints.
I don't think the rubber bushing at the frame rail connection can be
lubricated.  It has a simple cross bolt as I recall so you can grease that
but it goes through a steel sleeve. I doubt that is the source of your
noise but with the other work you're doing, you may as well grease what you
can.
Silicone grease is used as a brake component lubricant and is quite
viscous.  It's safe for rubber and seems to last a long time.  You should
be able to find it at your local auto parts store.
Of note on my '66 when I replaced my original bushings a few years back;
the sway bar was worn down nearly 1/8" in diameter from the fine dirt
particles that had found their way in the joint.  There was never any noise
but interesting in the amount of wear.
Good luck!
Gary Szuch