<VV> Speaking of sway bars.......

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sat Nov 30 12:18:56 EST 2019

I have said this before, and nobody has yet disagreed with me, but I
think this is the wrong approach. Yes, it will shut the noise up, but it
won't fix the problem, which is that the metal is turning in the rubber.
It is all supposed to be clamped solid, and the rubber itself will move.
If the bar moves against the rubber, it will wear down exactly as you
have described! It is always the harder material that wears (such as a
camshaft in an aluminium head) because the softer material "absorbs' the
abrasive particles.
I think Polybushes work on a different principle, and they DO need
lubricating.