<VV> FW: Wiring for Late Model Parking Lights

Jim corvair at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 7 14:20:25 EDT 2019

The parking lights didn't illuminate with the headlights until '68.  See the
attached pages from the '67 and '68 brochures.  Look under "Standard Safety
Features."

To wire them to come on with the headlights, you'd have to run wires from
each of the parking light wires [not the turn signal wire] at the light unit
under the cover in each corner of the trunk.  These wires would connect with
the low beam headlight wires with diodes to prevent the parking light
position of the light switch from turning on the headlights.

For Matt:  I appreciate all of your suggestions that I find on VV.  I've
learned a lot from your comments!

Jim Bartasevich

There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the
least.  There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a
robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust, while the infamous sit at
banquets. - Robert G. Ingersoll