<VV> Stuck Distributor

Gregg Wellner durant28 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 04:51:58 EDT 2019

Thanks to all who gave advice. Freed it up this morning, penetrating oil (WD-40) and light tapping with a small ball-peen hammer. Patience paid off. Once it started moving I got more WD in the crack and it then moved by hand. Never had that problem before setting timing on any car, and I’ve done many. I just bought this car a couple weeks ago, It’s a 1965 Monza 110/PG. Bought it from a widow, it was her husbands pride and joy, but he was not mechanical and paid to have all work done. He passed 5 years ago, so it’s been sitting in a garage and driven barely. Brand new top, radial tires, brakes. Engine was hard to start but it ran and I drove it home 25 miles. Ran better as I drove it. I cleaned and rebuilt both carbs, very dirty and  accelerator pumps not working on either one. Clogged vents and passages. One carb had a #48 main jet the other a #50, both chewed up by too small of a screwdriver used on them. Who knows why, just a reminder to all that you never know what previous mechanics do. I put in #51 jets and it really pulls hard under throttle. Anyone use #52 jets? just wondering. Just this morning I put in a new coil and pointless ignition. All new vacuum lines. Starts and runs like crazy now, even with old low octane ethanol fuel. Tomorrow I’ll siphon out the rest of the old gas and put in ethanol free 91 octane fuel. Here in Wisconsin we have Kwik-Trip gas stations with great products…………...