<VV> Stuck Distributor

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 05:32:53 EDT 2019

Two comments; WD 40 is not a penetrating oil - it is a Water
Displacement fluid. Yes, it will work as a penetrating oil up to a
point, but it evaporates and doesn't creep very well. The best
penetrating oil is a mix of acetone & ATF (or other oil).The acetone
thins the oil & lets it creep into crevices, then it evaporates, leaving
the oil behind. But it seperates out within inutes, leaving the acetone
on top, which will evaporate before your eyes! You have to keep it in a
sealed container and agitate it every time before use.
Secondly, why are you syphoning the old fuel out? It ran ok on it? Just
dilute it with fresh fuel & get rid of it that way.