<VV> 1964 Glove Box Light

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 7 19:48:31 EDT 2019

Hello smart Corvair folks!
Does anyone know how the glove box light on a 1964 car is connected to the fuse box? How is the wire routed from the glove box to the fuse box? Where does it connect?
My 1964 Spyder had a working light. Now it does not work. I have no voltage at the glove box end terminal. The black/orange wire runs from the glove box toward the fuse box but I have not yet been able to trace it beyond the right side of the steering wheel. According to the Assembly Manual the wire runs to a male terminal on the fuse connector on the side of the box. My box has an empty hole for the fuse in the spot marked Glove Box, but there is only one fuse connector on the inboard side and no second connector for the other end of the fuse on the outboard side, and no fuse is present. These parts were not there when the light used to work either. I see no black/orange wires connected to fuse box terminals, although I do see a black/orange wire in the bundle exiting the back end of the box.
My 1962 cars are wired as described in the manuals, so apparently something changed after 1962.
Can anyone enlighten me?

-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on