<VV> One Low-Beam Out... Sometimes

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 18:04:36 EDT 2020

Oh, here we go again - it's that old "Two countries divided by a common
language" thing once more. In defence of the British terminology,
however, a "high beam bulb" will contain just a high beam filament,
whereas any "low beam bulb" will also contain a high beam filament in
addition to the low beam filament.
I reckon a 'British - American dictionary', if it existed, would be
every bit as big as any other dictionary between two languages, even
though we supposedly both speak the same language!