<VV> Headlamps

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Sun Apr 5 03:43:14 EDT 2020

On 4/4/2020 1:12 PM, Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs wrote:
>  Not even the signposts are lit up, which I find strange.

I have read that that's part of why the headlights are different - some
of that scatter is for the reflective signage.

Again,  I haven't driven in Florida for about 50 years, but lots of the
US has huge stretches of road and intersections in the middle of nowhere
that probably don't have power nearby in the first place. Illuminating
even just the important signs would be a mammoth project.

My sister the (now retired) long-haul truckdriver claims that California
highway signs are among the worst in the nation. I haven't asked her
opinion on Florida's signage.

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal