<VV> LATE motor to early best way CONVERSION MOUNT

Terry Kalp tkalp at cox.net
Wed Apr 8 23:31:55 EDT 2020

There is another way to run a harmonic balancer engine in an EM Corvair.  This is the process I used for my '61 Loadside, '61 700 Lakewood and '62 700 four-door. Rather than try to chase down the one year only '64 mounts and cover and seal retainers or the even more rare EM Air Conditioning mount.  I simply take a run of the mill EM mount and chop and re-weld so there is a recessed area to clear the balancer and allow the belt to be changed.  No need to elongate holes, change sealing parts, or worry about alignment. This modification won't clear an Air Conditioning pulley.  I did a write-up on the process in the April 2013 edition of the FlatSix Journal the newsletter of the Mid=Continent Corvair Association.

T. Kalp