<VV> Mower Problem

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Sat Feb 15 12:38:32 EST 2020

David,

I don't know the size and shape of an Avenger fuel tank but whatever the configuration, even a minor vacuum level can exert a tremendous force.  Just one square foot of flat surface has 144 square inches.  If you have a mere 1 pound per square Inch of vacuum in the tank, you have an effective 144 pounds pushing in on that flat surface.  It is like having a man standing on the tank.  If the flat area is larger and/or there is more vacuum, the forces add up quickly.  A perfectly round sphere would hold up to pressure or vacuum much better but that configuration would be difficult to fit in a nook inside the car.