<VV> Coils.

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 00:59:56 EST 2020

Well that's just crazy. See my earlier post about British coils which
were stamped as either 9v (for use with a resistor) or 12v (for use
without a resistor). Stamped in the casing, that is, not with a label
stuck on. Why would any manufacturer muddy the waters by labelling both
9v and 12v coils as 12v? No wonder people get confused. What happens
when the advisory label falls off? That's the sort of thing they would
do in Florida!
Mind you, having said that, British coils in the 50's were marked 'SW'
and 'CB' instead of + and -. There were pos earth coils and SW was neg
and CB was pos. So when you converted the car to neg earth, you had to
wire the switch side of the coil to the distributor and the contact
breaker side to the ign switch. Got all that? ;)