<VV> Coils

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 17:46:44 EST 2020

Of course if the points gap is too small that will cause the coil to
get hot also, but shouldn't be enough to cook it. The engine will stop
before that happens normally.
A 9 volt coil is one that needs a 9v supply under load - i.e. the one
on the Corvair! If the coil in question is getting too hot and failing,
that suggests the resistor is not dropping the voltage down to where it
should be.
The 'AC' in AC Delco was Albert Champion if I recall, as in spark
plugs. Kettering was a very clever man - he pioneered 2-stroke diesels I
believe.