<VV> LED TAIL LIGHT PROBLEMS

Arlette Pat & Carl Kelsen arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:40:38 EST 2020

G’day everyone,
I have installed LED globes in the ‘white back up’ tail lights at the rear of our 1965 Monza convertible. I want to achieve amber turn signals while retaining the existing white back lights and it seems that these three wire amber / white LED globes will provide this.

So far, I have
1/
Connected the LED ‘white globe’ to our cars existing back up wiring.
2/
Connected the earth/ground wires to cars frame.
3/
Run new wires from the LED amber globe to turn signal switch.

My problems,
1/
Our ‘65 Monza has the optional 4-way hazard flasher. The flasher now does not flash but on occasion works then stops.
2/
The turn signals function on both left and right but there appears to constant power as the opposite side turn signal not in use light turns on but does not  flash.

I have replaced to steering wheel turn signal switch. Have checked and double checked my wiring. I am wondering now if I need LED compatible faster cans for my cars turn signals and 4 way hazard flasher.

I am running out things to check and wonder if anyone’s had experience with LED light conversions.
Regards
Carl Kelsen
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza convertible