<VV> Yenko Stinger History

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 18:23:07 EST 2020

Mark,
I was just looking at the site racingsportscars.com and saw several related bits of information but nothing that answers your questions.  There are pages covering that race, another for Yenko Stingers, and another for Russ MacGrotty.
https://www.racingsportscars.com/entry/Daytona-1966-02-06.html
https://www.racingsportscars.com/make/archive/Yenko.html
https://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/results/Russ-MacGrotty-USA.html

Note that the May/Allison Corvair was not in the class with the Stinger.

I would guess that a Chevrolet dealer might have had several Stingers and could have raced then sold one or more.  This site lists 3 different car numbers for him (which leaves an unknown number of actual cars!)  That page shows Jim Spencer racing a Stinger as early as July 3, 1966.  It does not show him using car number 75.  It only lists MacGrotty with car 75 before that date.  Nothing says the car Spencer raced was the same car as serial number YS-75 that he bought in 1966.

So there it is, several bits of random information, hopefully accurate.  You probably already knew a lot of it and I am afraid it doesn’t get any closer to answering your original questions.

Jim Becker