<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 180, Issue 14

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 12:26:24 EST 2020

  4. Re: Balance point for power pack (jvhroberts at aol.com)
  5. Re: Balance point for power pack (Jim Becker)

In Reference to the balance point question, I recently used my hoist to move a 1968 110 PG powerpack using the bell housing lift boss/hole AND the engine rear mount bracket.  I had already removed the starter, carbs and alternator, but the exhaust manifolds and exhaust pipe and muffler were still attached.  My feeling (and just my feeling) was that if the starter, alternator and carbs had been installed, but NOT the exhaust pipe and muffler it would have been close to balancing on the bell housing lift point.  If I ever do it again I plan to confirm.
Bob Hall

Message: 5