<VV> 140 question

Randy (Cap'n) Hook judynrandy at comcast.net
Fri Jan 10 11:50:35 EST 2020

Hello,
Yes, it's really me and no, you haven't been hacked.  I have a 140 question.  I am in the process of removing it from my donor parts car.  The set-up was originally a 140/pg.  In the meantime, someone installed a 4-barrel kit on it.  The 4-barrel is HUGE.  A carter I believe.   I'm not going to use it, as it looks like Jethro Bodine (from the Beverly Hillbillies) hooked it up.  Upon checking things and preparing for removal, I noticed the distributor # is that of a standard shift 140 distributor, according to the tech guide.  Now, my question is this:  Since the set-up is a 140/pg, will using the other type distributor cause any performance issues?  Oh yeah, one other question- can primary carbs be used as secondaries on a 140?
Inquiring minds want to  know.  Thanks a million for your help.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell, Pa