<VV> Balance point for power pack

William Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Sun Jan 12 09:01:50 EST 2020

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image0.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 141279 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

Bill

> On Jan 11, 2020, at 2:06 PM, hallgrenn--- via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

?Good points.Thanks Jim.
Bob Hall

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Becker <mr.jebecker at gmail.com>
To: hallgrenn <hallgrenn at aol.com>; virtualvairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 11:16 am
Subject: Re: <VV> Balance point for power pack

With a total weight of 460# or so, the weight of various bolt-ons isn't
going to move the center of balance very much.  The starter is forward of
the balance point with the others mentioned behind it.  They tend to cancel
each other out.  The biggest difference would probably come from which
transmission is attached and whether a generator for an early model is in
place of not.

The big lifting point on the top/front of the bell housing is the
approximate balance point if an early model rear crossmember and suspension
is also attached.

Jim Becker