<VV> Stripped plug.

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Jan 13 16:45:58 EST 2020

Working on my latest toy today and when I pulled the last plug a
KD insert came with it.  Not un screwed, but just pulled out of the hole.  Came out with the plug. I have many limitations since my wreck so no way in hell am I going to consider pulling the head.  Don’t know if it will work but I am leaning toward cutting the threaded part off of one of the more common plugs in my collection.  18 mm ACs are common as dirt.  Then tapping the plug hole in the head out to 18 mm. Anybody tried this?  What are the pitfalls outside of providing a collar to prevent the new insert from going in too far.   Am I making this too hard?.  Is there already an oversized insert available?

Sent from my iPad