<VV> tires and plugs

MSN msn@email2.microsoft.com noreplysecurity@communications.microsoft.com jweppel at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 09:08:42 EST 2020

Most tires have some content of natural rubber in them. the other a synthetic blend. the natural rubber is what deteriorates. At least on the commercial truck side the rubber is stored in a refrigerated environment and date labeled. Only can be used in a certain amount of time, if I recollect it was 6 months. That saying a tire that "squeaks" a lot rolling on a clean floor has a lot of natural rubber in it, others not so much. My common sense(?) says that a cheaper tire, of all things, should last longer on a shelf then a good one. I have done a few plug repairs, and used the grease on the tap method and then just got the shop vac out with a piece of small hose attached and sucked the stuff out. No muss, No fuss.
Jim Weppelman
In frosty Pittsburgh