<VV> FC's at Barrett Jackson at Scottsdale January 15th, 2020

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jan 21 20:14:18 EST 2020

Yeah, it was funny the first ten times.  Most recent version:

Dumbass: "Is it fer sale?"
Me: "Well, it doesn't have a 'for sale' sign on it, but yeah, I guess everything's for sale if you've got enough money.  Heck, I'll sell ya the house for enough money I just gotta tell my wife to pack a bag."

Apparently this, delivered with a sarcastic tone, was too subtle.

So he shows up with some lackey in tow on a Sunday afternoon, and commences snooping around.

Me: "Can I help you?"
Dumbass: "Yeah, I'm so and so, I'm here about the car."
Me: "Uh, ok"
Dumbass: "You wanted to sell it, right?"
Me: "I said I'd sell it for enough money.  Like stupid money."
Dumbass: "So what's stupid money?"
<The car in question is worth like $5k, $10k tops, in it's current condition, but fully restored might get $50k or so>
Me: "Fifty thousand dollars."
Dumbass: "Well, uh, that's a lot of money."
Me: "I did say 'stupid money'"

--Bryan