<VV> Rust (Windshield)

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 10:51:43 EDT 2020

I got a new screen rubber from Clarks for my '64 convertible. Their
notes said fitting the screen plus trim was one of the hardest jobs they
knew of. I glued the rubber to the screen with weatherstrip adhesive,
and pulled the sides in (where it curves inwards) with ratchet straps.
Left it overnight, then glued the trim in with the same adhesive. I had
to cut a bit off the lower sides of the trim, where it is too wide for
some reason to go fully home. Left it overnight again. Then popped the
screen in with a piece of cord. Took five minutes.
Dead easy.