<VV> Holley Sniper 2CG

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:06:44 EDT 2020

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 16:15:00 +0000
From: James Cuneo <jamescuneo at hotmail.com>
To: Paul Fox <paulvair at yahoo.com>, "virtualvairs at corvair.org"
        <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> Holley Sniper 2GC

Thanks Paul,
I have a wastegate installed, alchohol inection, Safegard.
Im just looking to upgrade the cold starting and eliminate turn cut out issues.
Was hoping someone had experience with this setup.
Thank you,
Jim

Jim- All installs that I'm aware of with the Holley Sniper set up are blow through... there's some hacks needed to make this system work as a draw through set-up, if that is your intention. The manifold air pressure sensor is reading pressure from under the throttle, so on a N/A set-up, this is "manifold pressure", on a blow through turbo it is reading the correct pressure as it is after the turbo and will be adding fuel and correcting the timing properly on that basis. As a draw through set up, for this to work, the map sensor MUST be reading pressure after the turbo, and from what I have been told, it is not easy to do. The other thing is the wisdom of shooting gas through the turbo... effectively "intercooling" prior to the turbo, and this is a big reason for draw throughs having a reputation for being "lag monsters".... the turbo has to work extra hard to spin the colder the inlet is. My draw through EFI set-up injects fuel at the ports, and the throttle body is my old weber 45 dcoe carburetor that has been gutted... it's flow rating as a throttle body is 750 cfm, and has so little restriction to flow as to be less than an air cleaner. This set-up has turned out to be pretty amazing once I got it dialed in right- it runs like a NA car does out of boost, and when I stand on it the boost is freaking amazing! first gear boost is between 5-10 psi, and second gear boost can go over 20. My timing and fueling is set-up to be safe all the way out 22-23psi, and I try and keep it under 20.

 Kevin Nash
 63 Spyder, daily driver, EFI