<VV> DETONATION

N2VZD TIM n2vzd at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 12:53:01 EST 2020

Check for bad vac leak , carburetor  base  or balance tube.  A bad leak will cause a sickly sweet smell from exhaust.Also I have seen (experienced ) wrong right hand rear shroud (behind the coil) if late part on early motor there is a 1 inch gap above the flap box , letting air come back in the engine compartment. I bought a 64 coupe that had that and I did not see it until a hot day long ride caused #1 cylinder to drop a seat a short time after a few seconds of detonation.  It is also tough on headgaskets , especially 64sRegards, Tim Colson  C N Y C C