<VV> Surprise surprise

Matt patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 23:25:09 EST 2020

Way to go!   Most times that’s all it takes….   Being a Brit….  How do YOU balance Airflow of the carbs?

Matt Nall
Sea Mountain
SW  Oregon Coast

Sent from Mail for Windows 666

From: Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs

Well, I took that abomination of a carburettor to bits & cleaned it -
and not only does it now idle smoothly, but the detonation has GONE. It
must have been running lean throughout the range. It wasn't running on
the idle jet, but you could hear it come in quite clearly as soon as it
came off idle, so I assumed the rest of the carb was working ok.
Obviously it wasn't. I am genuinely surprised that a simple weak mixture
would cause that amount of detonation, and I am equally surprised that
simply cleaning one carb would cure it. But it has.