<VV> Surprise surprise

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 23:59:38 EST 2020

A bit of tubing in each venturi & the other end in your ear and compare
the hiss. That works better with variable venturi carbs such as SU's,
but it's a lot better than nothing. You can get all sorts of clever
gadgets that you can plug in to the mouth of the carb these days, but
I've never bothered with them. I don't think it will make a lot of
difference off idle. I'll tell you what IS useful though - one of those
laser thermometer things. You can point it at various bits of the engine
& check that everything is generating the same temperatures on each side
and even on each cylinder if you can get at them. I use them mostly for
finding blockages in compressor air lines on commercial vehicles also -
where you get a carbon build up the pipe will get hotter at that point.
It's one of those things you wonder how you ever managed without!