<VV> Loose axle.

William Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Wed Mar 4 19:14:35 EST 2020

If the bearing were “collapsing” as you suggest, it’s likely the ring and pinion would lock up and the car would not run.

Bill

But if one of those castellated nuts WERE to come loose - and I accept that such a thing is practically impossible unless one of the bearings is collapsing - then I would indeed have play in the axle shafts, would I not? But I would expect to feel it on both sides.