<VV> Who at GM hired the private eyes to tail Mr. Nader?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 22:42:25 EST 2020

The law librarian in GM's legal department in Detroit saw Mr. Nader interviewed on the CBC (remember in Detroit you can pick up Canadian broadcasting with just an antenna).  Something in his mannerism during the interview lead her to suspect that he was "queer" (her own words).  Mr. Nader was already on GM's radar screen from the publication of "Unsafe at Any Speed." She used to work for a law firm in DC that had often hired private investigators on Long Island to dig up dirt on the opposite side in litigation so, acting on her own, she hired them to do the same in regard to Mr. Nader.  I'm surprised that she some how had access to a budget such that she could do that.  Once the hole thing came out into the open, Senator Bobby Kennedy read into the record on the Senate floor the laundry list of things the private investigators were asked to look into.  He paused with incredulity when he read the word; "Boys".
What little I know about the law librarian leads me to believe she lead a more interesting life than Mr. Nader.  She was unmarried, had a female roommate, went out socially with married, male GM employees....  She died rather young not long thereafter.  She insisted, literally on her death bed, that she had acted alone.
~Bill Stanley