<VV> Loose axle

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 01:07:05 EST 2020

Ok, I had a closer look at the drawing, and I can just about see, if I
put my reading glasses on, that it is a self-aligning bearing. BUT ...
given that the dish of the wheel should place the weight of the car
directly over the bearing, it should at worst barely transmit any force
to the other end of the axle shaft. That would be a poor design.  Not
enough force that you can't overcome it by hand, I would reckon.
Although I do have wire wheels on the car, I don't think they have
altered the effective dish of the wheel over stock.
But I do see what you mean now, and I will double-check it all tomorrow
and give the shaft a harder shove to see if I can get it to move.