<VV> V2 vs Saturn

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 16:06:44 EDT 2020

Thank you for correcting me - I must have been mis-informed. But when
you say it is 'un-related', presumably the pricniples are identical? The
thing I recall abut Shepard's first flght was that he had to pee in his
spacesuit as there were no toilet facilities onboard. The desginers
claimed, quite correctly, that it was designed to go straight up and
straight down, the journey lasting a few minutes. But poor Alan Shepard
had been delayed on the launch-pad for a while, and the designers hadn't
factored that in. All the big thing they got right, but it's always the
little things, isn't it!