<VV> Carb mystery

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Mar 21 16:32:05 EDT 2020

Smitty says.     As one who has been playing with the Corvair and HV carbs for around 50 years, I am at a bit of a loss in understanding Mr Millers problem with them.  I can understand his regional pride in defending SU carbs even though I do not remember anyone attacking them.  Personally I would rather use a carb with the ability to compensate for use on various similar engines than to go through millions of metering valve rods and jets to tailor a carb for one specific use.  I am not going to go out and disassemble an HV just to verify my memory, but it seems to me there is only one jet in each carb.  The main jet.  Yes there are transition slots and a cluster from which fuel can be drawn as needed, but in a clean, properly set up carb they work remarkably well.  No multitude of jets.

Hugo says