<VV> Carb mystery

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Mar 21 23:12:27 EDT 2020

Bending linkages on carburetors is normal for many brands. Choke links,
accelerator links, etc.

I have no idea why you think the idle vent valve is egregious. It just
vents the float bowl to atmosphere (not through the air cleaner) at idle
to eliminate the hot percolation problem.  Real simple solution to a
problem. The Rochester HV is NOT the only carburetor to have an idle
vent valve function. And BTW, you bend the tang to adjust.

Remember, our cars need to survive (let me recalculate for you ) -20° C
to 50° C and from less than sea level (-100 feet, [-200 in Death
Valley]) to 10,000+ (Pike's Peak is 14,000!) feet in operation off the
showroom floor for hundreds of miles at a time.

Frank DuVal