<VV> Engine for sale

Bruce Carlton bcarlice at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 14:38:31 EDT 2020

I have a short block of a 3.1 liter engine that is "loosely assembled" meaning it is bolted together , but there are no gaskets or seals and nothing is torqued. I put it together this way to make sure all parts are there.
The engine has all the necessary machining done to fit the 94 mm VW cylinders with modified Corvair rods. It is balanced with new VW pistons and an Otto Parts cam. The block has the case bolt holes bored and reamed to be a "push fit" for 1/2 in Allen bolts which give the block 8 more dowel pins for strength and rigidity. It also includes a deep sump aluminum oil pan with the horizontal steel surge supressor that fits between the pan and the case. The oil pickup is  lowered to pick up oil at the bottom of the pan. The oil pump is a high volume version. I have no heads for it, but I believe I have head gaskets and at least some gaskets and seals.
I would like to get $200.00 for it. I am selling or otherwise disposing of all my remaining Corvair stuff. Just the parts in the engine no doubt are worth more than the asking price.
Bruce Carltonbcarlice at yahoo.com1082 Raymond Rd.Ballston Spa, NY 12020518 885 5048