<VV> Transmission mount shims early model

clynn66 at bigpond.net.au clynn66 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 26 08:52:25 EDT 2020

I saved the mounting shims and special spacer when I took the drive train
out of my 1964 Spyder a few years ago. I am pretty sure I have not lost any.
There are 4 of the double bolt shims with total thickness of 5/16 th inch.
And there are 2 of the single bolt shims with total thickness of 1/8 th
inch. I assume they would not have been mixed with single shims on the
double bolts. Before I reinstall the shims I wondered if it was not unusual
to have about double the thickness of shims hanging on the double bolts as
will be hanging on the single bolt. I have the special spacer that goes on
the single bolt of course but that seems to be just compensating for the
shape of the cross member not the difference in total shim thickness on each
side.

Any comment appreciated.

Colin LYNN     28299

Perth, Western Australia