<VV> LH lug nuts

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Mar 30 20:28:15 EDT 2020

If all the surfaces are clean and the nuts are properly torqued the wheels don't fall off.  The problem is they often aren't clean and thus you have wheels fall off.
If a stud is stretched it should be replaced.  As you said they are like springs and once they are stretched beyond their design they no longer have the proper strength.
Torque has to specify dry or lubed threads to have any meaning because the values are so different.
If torque needs to be really precise it will be listed in bolt stretch.  Common practice on rod bolts.